NEW Telephone Number at Roseheath Surgery | Roseheath Surgery
0151 902 0025
Please make a note of this new number, save it on your phone or change in your contacts book.
May we take this opportunity to remind you of the different ways in which you can access appointments and the different clinicians who are able to help you in your surgery.
On the day URGENT appointments
If you are unwell and need urgent medical advice on the same day, we have a number of same-day urgent appointments that are released at 8am.
There are two ways you can access these appointments:
1) By calling us on the phone on our new number 0151 902 0025 and speaking with a member of our team in confidence. They will be able to get you the right appointment with the right clinician for your medical problem (subject to appointment availability).
2) By using the NHS online booking system called Patient Access from your phone, tablet or computer. If you have not yet registered for Patient Access, please email GP.N83031@nhs.net and our team will be able to set you up on the system.
When you call the surgery in the morning, our helpful team will ask for a brief reason for your medical problem so that they can ensure you’re seen by the right clinician for the right duration time.
When there are no appointments left
Unfortunately, appointments with your GP surgery are allocated on a first-come first-served basis and prioritised by medical need. This is why we ask for a brief reason for your appointment, to make sure we are able to get you seen as quickly as possible with the right clinician. You may be advised to seek medical help from your local pharmacist, walk-in centre or even advised to visit your local Accident and Emergency department at your nearest hospital.
Routine advance appointments
We try and book routine appointments no more than 7 days in advance due to the very high number of DNA (Did Not Attend) appointments. Every person who does not attend their appointment takes a valuable appointment space up for someone who may genuinely need it.
You can book routine appointments by:
1) Calling our team AFTER 11am, Monday to Friday on the new number 0151 902 0025
2) Speaking to our receptionist when you are in surgery
3) Using Patient Access online booking system
4) Calling our 24hr automated telephone appointment system by calling our new number 0151 902 0025 and selecting option 1
5) Your doctor or clinician may book in a further follow up appointment during your consultation
Annual health check appointments
If you have a chronic condition such as diabetes, kidney disease, heart disease, stroke, asthma, COPD or you have been diagnosed with cancer, dementia or mental health condition you are asked to attend an annual health check during your birthday month. You will receive a letter with specific appointment booking instructions and the phone number for our annual health check team.
Clinicians at your GP practice
Many patients don’t realise that you don’t necessarily need to wait for an appointment with a GP to get the medical help you need.
At Roseheath Surgery we have a team of highly skilled and trained clinicians in various roles including:
- General Practitioner (GP)
- Nurse Clinician
- Practice Nurse
- Health Care Assistant
0151 902 0025